Monday, October 5, 2009

Sister of Mercy quote:

Every Monday I go to a group (starting at 8:15am) to relate with a unique group of people from all walks of life. Our group is full of hearty human beings (meaning, most of us have escaped the Grim Reaper too many times already).
Actually I can't talk about it in public; and that does not come from 'Fight Club'. We are a group of people compelled to fuck up so we are under close scrutiny, being monitored on a weekly basis. I always joke that my doctor's name, the head of the group, "Dr. Ohnemus" sounds a lot like "Omnipresent"; like some Big Brother outfit.
But actually this is a group of bleeding hearts who act like angels in a storm. My personal life having been the storm, and they stepped in to calm and nurture us. Like a blanket, crutch, mercy group of the best people I know.

Dr. Ohnemus recently got back from a vacation in Tibet. She said you could juxtapose a face a of a Tibetan next to a Chinese face, and you could see how run down the money-centered Chinese relates to stress. According to Dr. Ohnemus, the Tibet invested 'inwardly' while the Chinese can never end their search for money.

She gave me a little mantra today, that she brought back from her travels in Tibet. I hear it's "One of the most popular mantras", so get ready; my gift of perpetual, transcendental, ecstasy, mantra of the Buddhists to practise chillin all day long.

om mani padme hum
(translation: 'May MY ORIGINAL BODY/MIND/SPIRIT GAIN WISDOM, COMPASSION, AND ENERGY TO BECOME ENLIGHTENED.

-No I am not a Buddhist, but I love inner peace, and always a fan of soul quiet.

No comments: