Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Accomadating

This is an original joke that my older brother Tim told me this morning. He also came up with the "I'm an alcoholic beverage" joke that I take credit for. My grand mother sends us a lot of Reader's Digest magazines to warp our humor this way. But this is very clever so I'm sharing what my Physics Brother sent his Literature sister. Whop here it is:

Commas aren't the most attractive punctuation marks, but this one particular comma has her heart set on getting into the dating scene. She asks a period for a date, but the period says, "I don't date commas, period." She asks an ellipsis, but the ellipsis says, "Um, let me get back to you on that...". Finally, after being rejected by every punctuation mark she's asked, she gets desperate and decides to ask the exclamation mark. The exclamation mark says, "I'll go on a date with you, but I should warn you that I shout everything I say, and I often give people commands!" The comma says, "It doesn't matter, I'm a comma, dating!"

No comments: