Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cool Ideas in Theory (Like Batman Comic Book Mythology)


"But He knows the way I take; When He has tried [pressures] me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10). If you've been living under a rock, here is a link to the trials of the famous Job:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Job

Here we have my favorite Saint: (other then animal fanatic St. Anthony), St. Michel The Arch Angel. He's is almost always portrayed holding a shield and/or a sword. He has his feet on a dragon, or a snake, or something that symbolizes something evil. The mighty at heart crushing the wicked at heart. I'm beginning to attach myself to the idea that mythologies are in everyone's head, their "world view", is all an illusion. However I love to think there was some kind of truth, instead of subscribing to beliefs that came in strange miraculous forms.

I love the center of the universe in his chest. He kind of looks like he is launching off to space in a space suit, while stabbing an alien; all with the strength of a super hero minus the muscles. All sarcasm aside, his story is one of my favorites, as far as mythology goes. Now if we could just apply some of this fantasy stuff to the real world....

No comments: