Friday, February 22, 2008

Purification Ritual

For the past two weeks I've been detoxing with the aid of The Master Cleanse. I feel so good that I thought I'd share some health info (again, that I just learned myself).
The supposed effects of The Master Cleanse are supposed to include: mental clarity, relief of your internal organs from the strain of digestion, rapid weight loss, and spites in natural energy. I lost some weight- though I don't want to know how much because it's not healthy to be obsessive about these things. Most importantly though, I can think more calmly and clearly.
I also learned that certain foods and additives are toxic to the body. Pizza is like heroin- both are toxic toxic toxic. Other ingredients that are tough on the body include: butter, salt, caffeine, sugar and alcohol.
The best benefit for me is an inner calm, which helps me to deal with life more smoothly. When I feel bad about myself I tend to lash out on people around me. Inner calm and good health are the best ways that I have found to bring positive energy to others and boomerang it back to me. On a larger scale, if everyone felt an inner calm then society would improve, violence would not be rampant, and we could do away with religions, therapists, Valium, and revolutions. Or maybe you will just feel better and can deal.
Also my friend just sent me an e-mail on the vitamins I need in my diet. Here it is...
rose-
I would say the single most important thing you could be taking are essential fatty acids. Most Americans are deficient and a lack of E.F.A.'s is reflected in everything from decreased energy, chronic inflammations and poor cellular metabolism generally. The best EFA's are from fish oil, as flax is generally not assimilated very well, but borage and evening primrose oil are good too.
Beyond this, Vit. B6 and magnesium are very common nutritional deficiencies, but I would recommend getting a good multi-vitamin that says its from whole food sources, as the body gets more out of them when they are.
So yeah, fish oil( it can be in pills too) and a whole-food multivitamin. Oh ya, and 2 quarts of water a day seriously makes a big difference. So that's my abbreviated vitamin guru rap. Hope its useful...love yak
Hope this inspires and informs! If there is anything disagreeable please tell me. Or, if you know any other sure paths to good health, please comment.

No comments: