Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bedside Table Living

March 22nd, 2008. There is nothing more romantic and self expressive for a lazy person like me (someone who spends much time in bed, dreaming, lounging, talking, and relaxing), then to have the perfectly glamorous bedside table. Here I am with water in my hand, a red velvet pillow and nightgown; next to the carefully selected objects on my bedside table. A sandalwood candle. A pure white vanilla candle (I like sandalwood, Daryl likes the vanilla scent). All light illuminates a glass vase of pink tulips, a vibrant blue tissue box (I also sneeze these days), my new contacts, white sage (for a future purification burning ritual), a perfect red rose in a tiny white vase, a bees wax candle holding a special finch feather my Aunt Grace sent me for good luck, and an oak box filled with glass blue rosary beads, Valium, and sleeping pills. The green lamp shine against our rainbow Christmas lights.

And after dreams I wake up to the man I love.

No comments: