Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ambrose


This is where you could find me yesterday, at the top of this gigantic bolder called, "Wedding Rock". I went here two years ago with all my siblings but Julie and Ambrose. It's been over three months since Amby died, and I thought I've come to grips with the entire thing. The irreversible loss. I lay down at night and think that he's at peace, rather then in pain, or waiting in some administration building's long line, or having his feelings hurt, or worrying about bills, work, rent. But yesterday it all broke apart after this trip to Wedding Rock. I kept thinking that Amby will never be able to see the ocean again. That he can't see the horizon, or smell the ocean, or climb those rocks. Life is terrible- it's hell- but these things make me miss my man. What can I say?

No comments: