Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Here Comes the Sun


This little Dr. Spock is the newest addition to my
family. His name is Lucian- Latin for 'light'-
because he is the light in my life. Don't let this
picture fool you. Lucian is an extremely hyperactive,
armature boxer. His favorite move is the 'battle
roll' in which he stands on his hind legs, jumps at
you, does a flip and lands on his back, only to roll
over and do the gymnastics again. The kitten is nuts.


One word about someone I love that left the world
recently. I spent almost 23 years loving a girl that
stuck by me through everything. Katlor D. Her
beating heart was like a bank where I stored all the
love I had for everything. She was who I invested my
love into, and in return she gave me 23 years of a joy
that is indescribable. She was my Love Generator.
She was the one I thanked God I had every night. No
one can replace her. I lost my girl.

About 3 years ago I lost my boy Muffin (a.k.a "Sun").
He died of a broken heart at the age of seven a week
after I left him with my family in Maryland. We will
never see the likes of these vessels of light again.
God thank you for those 23 years. And God damn you
that I did not have more time.

No comments: