Monday, May 12, 2008

A Side Note

So I start this Antabuse today at around 2 o'clock. Already started with the anti-smoking this morning. Now I have a slight concern about taking this Antabuse, Anti-booze drug. It's got a lot of side effects. My main concern is the line, "This drug may frequently cause serious (rarely fatal) liver disease." How fucking funny is that? They actually say in parenthesis "RARELY FATAL". And what the heck? it's supposed to be working with my liver, since I can't drink anymore. Now, I can handle many other side effects to the drugs I've taken in the past (legal and illegal and rarely fatal) but certain liver disease is not a highly desirable side effect....it's better to assume it causes liver disease and get on with it. Why did they have to spell it out? I'm an alcoholic, my liver and I don't get along well. I'm trying to make friends with it again. Regardless, I'm going on with this medication because drinking is the devil incarnate. I have a life to live.

No comments: